On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 12:00 p.m. Central, Jason P. Stiehl, Giovanna A. Ferrari and Jordan P. Vick will present the first installment of the 2015 Class Action Webinar series. They will provide a summary of key decisions from 2014, identify key trends for companies to watch for in 2015, as well as practical “best practices” and risk management for the future.
In 2014, companies saw a major change in the focus and risk of class action litigation. According to one industry survey, the percentage of class actions qualifying as “high risk” or “bet-the-company” tripled from 4.5 percent to 16.4 percent. This no doubt derives from the increase in volume of large settlements and continued increase in volume of suits under statutes with minimum statutory penalties, such as the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA).
The webinar will be provide insight on:
- The landscape for in-house counsel, including identifying the legal market spend and risk for class actions
- Case law and trends from 2014, including:
- evolving class certification standards post-Comcast
- increased scrutiny of class settlements
- continued TCPA filings and large settlements
- post-Concepcion waiver decisions and the CFPB’s arbitration study
- standing and privacy/data breach cases
- Highlights from 2015, including:
- increase use of motion to strike class allegations
- CAFA challenges
- TCPA decisions
- DirecTV Supreme Court arbitration case
- International expansion of class action vehicle in Europe
- Practical considerations and takeaways
Registration: there is no cost to attend this program, however, registration is required.
*CLE Credit for this webinar has been awarded in the following states: CA, IL, NJ and NY. CLE Credit is pending for GA, TX and VA. Please note that in order to receive full credit for attending this webinar, the registrant must be present for the entire session.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.