With the COVID-19 Delta variant on the rise and the FDA’s recent approval of the Pfizer vaccine, employers are once again reviewing their policies and considering making vaccines mandatory in the workplace. This complimentary webinar will provide employers with a better understanding of the legal and practical considerations of mandatory vaccine policies and address frequently asked questions related to employee requests for accommodations. While the content will focus mainly on the applicable requirements in the private sector, public employers may find many of the principles useful in analyzing similar issues.
- Legal and practical considerations of instituting a mandatory vaccine policy
- Who pays for the vaccine: the employer or the employee?
- Workplace surveys and record keeping for employee vaccination status
- Addressing confidentiality concerns
- Responding to requests for accommodations, engaging in the interactive process, and undue hardship
WHEN: Thursday, September 9, 2021 | 12:00 NOON – 1:00 PM EDT
This course qualifies for 1.0 hour of Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credit in the state of NY and CT applied to professional practice. This program is appropriate for both newly admitted and experienced attorneys.