To run a profitable law firm, you need clients. But marketing, business development, and building client relationships can be time consuming and costly tasks. And, busy legal professionals are already stretched thin. What’s a lawyer to do?
Enter, Clio Grow. This powerful tool does a whole lot more than seamless client intake. It includes a number of features to help you easily market your law firm, attract new clients, and manage that increased demand. It also integrates with several useful marketing tools to take your efforts even further.
Let’s take a look at the best ways to market your law firm with Clio Grow.
1. Get noticed with Google’s Local Services Ads for Clio
In short, Local Services Ads are pay-per-lead ads offered through Google that appear at the top of search engine results for nearby searchers. With these ads, you only pay when a potential lead calls or messages you directly through the ad. The result? More qualified leads and better return on investment.
Manage the entire client intake process from one place with Local Services Ads for Clio. As leads come in, they’ll be added to your lead inbox in Clio Grow.
Even better, you can sign up for and manage a Local Services Ads account, set up and run ad campaigns, capture new leads, and measure campaign performance all within a single platform with Local Services Ads in Clio.
Here are some of the additional benefits:
- Build client trust: Earn a “Google Screened” badge verifying your business is qualified to offer legal services.
- Control your budget: Set your weekly budget and pause your ad at any time.
- Pay for results: Only pay when a potential lead contacts you through the ad, resulting in higher quality leads and cases. Plus, new Google Ads users will receive $500 in ad credits when they spend $500.
2. Create drip email campaigns for reviews, referrals, and more
A drip campaign is a series of templated emails that can be scheduled to be automatically sent out on a defined cadence. Using templated emails, there are a number of ways you may want to use these campaigns at your firm:
- Drive more reviews: Create a review campaign and run it as soon as you close cases that have a favorable outcome. This could be two to three emails spread apart by a few weeks or months that thank the client for their business and ask for them to leave a Google review. More positive reviews add more social proof for your law firm, helping to bring in more clients.
- Get more referrals: Similar to the above, you could set up an email cadence to go out a month after a case closes asking for a referral, and then another a year later. These emails could also include value-add content for clients to keep them engaged (e.g., an estate planning checklist for someone who created a will using your firm).
- Re-engage potential clients: A client may not choose to work with your firm—but the opportunity may arise again in the future. Depending on the nature of your practice, you could set up a series of emails to follow-up with clients who drop off, promoting your firm and why it would be valuable to work with you. You will be able to remind them of who you are and the value of working with you to stay on their radar over time.
3. Send targeted newsletters with Mailchimp and lists built in Clio Grow
With Clio Grow you can build lists of contacts that you can use for different email marketing purposes. Tagging allows you to segment your clients into different groups, such as which practice areas they’re using your services for. Once you create those groups, you can send newsletters with specific content that will resonate best with that audience. For example, you could send out a newsletter to your real estate clients letting them know about recent changes to real estate law or promoting seminars you’re running. Simply use the tags to build audience lists in MailChimp, then create your email campaigns.
4. Save time with email templates
Email templates save you time on marketing strategies and administration work alike. You can easily:
- Ask for reviews and referrals.
- Welcome potential new clients who reach out via your website.
- Advise potential clients on next steps in the intake process.
Simply create a one-off email template for each situation to save yourself time—never rewrite the same email again!
5. Wow your potential clients by remembering tiny details
In addition to segmenting your audiences for emails, tags in Clio Grow help you easily remember details about your potential clients.
For example, you can tag personal details to a client profile, such as “Yankee fan”, so you don’t forget. Then, if a client doesn’t hire you the first time they need legal services, but reaches out again later, tags could help you remember that they are a Yankees fan. Working this into your communication with them could help build your relationship, helping drive conversion, more word-of-mouth referrals or a positive review.
6. Enable online bookings with Clio
Clio Grow has a built-in appointment scheduling tool that is easy to set up and use. The scheduler enables clients to conveniently book appointments online through a link you can add to your website and emails.
You can set different appointment types (e.g., initial consultation, intake call) and even take money upfront if you do paid consults. Plus, the link can be added to your Google Business Profile.
Want to block off certain times in your calendar? You control what available time slots potential clients can choose from when booking. Appointments will show up in your calendar in Clio Manage, and in any calendars you have connected to Clio Manage.
7. Use intake forms to manage leads
Leverage professional-looking, easy-to-use, and fully-featured intake forms (that include conditional formatting and allow for document uploads) to help your law firm stand out from the competition. You can also intake new clients quickly with all the information you need—allowing you to decrease any delays in response time.
And response time is crucial: Research from the 2019 Legal Trends Report says that 79% of clients expect a response within 24 hours—and our data showed most law firms fall far below these expectations.
8. Create a beautiful and compelling website with Clio’s law firm website builder
Your website is your digital business card, and most law firms’ main marketing tool. With more and more clients looking for law firms online, a professional website allows potential clients to learn about you and your firm, and connect with you for more information.
With Clio’s law firm website builder—included with your subscription to Clio Grow—you can easily create a professional website without having to learn to design or code. Simply:
- Choose a domain name (you can purchase a custom domain if you choose).
- Select your theme and color scheme, and add text and images.
- Hit publish. That’s it!
You can also leverage more of Clio Grow by adding links to appointment scheduling, online payments, and your client portal to your website—all without any additional coding.
If you already have a website built through WordPress, adding a “contact us” form via our WordPress integration means that leads that come to your website will feed directly into your lead inbox in Clio Grow.
Final thoughts on marketing your law firm with Clio Grow
Getting Clio Grow and making the most out of it won’t just level up your client intake—it will help you gain more clients and efficiently run a profitable law firm. Leverage features like Clio Grow’s website builder, appointment booking tool, and Google Local Services Ads, and your marketing woes will become a thing of the past.